Recent General Posts
Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of Southfield provides 24 hour disaster restoration services throughout Metro Detroit including Fire, Water, Mold, and More.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Southfield provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Southfield arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (248)377-2220
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Southfield
SERVPRO of Southfield specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Are you "Emergency Ready"?
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place.
How quickly and efficiently would your staff deal with a broken pipe, flooded basement, or even a fire? If you have an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) from SERVPRO, their response to such a disaster may be quick- saving you damage to your building AND your bottom line.
The ERP is a FREE service one of our representatives can initiate and produce for all of your properties. It includes the mapping of crucial building infastructure, photos and locations, key personal contact information, and so much more. To top it off it is entirely mobile and shareable to all of your designated staff.
Become "Emergency Ready" today. Contact SERVPRO of Southfield at (248) 377- 2220 today!
Our 1-4-8 Promise
At SERVPRO of Southfield we are committed to serving you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. We are also committed to contacting you in a timely manner, showing up promptly, and notifying your insurance company of the status of the loss efficiently and quickly.
The numbers 1-4-8 have significant meaning to us. Our commitment is to contact the property owner within 1 hour of the First Notice of Loss, be on site within 4 hours, and contact the Insurance Carrier or property manager within 8 hours to report on the condition of the loss.
Although we pride ourselves on meeting these three numbers, frequently we beat them. It is not unusual for us to call the property owner within minutes of receiving a request and for us to be on site within the hour.
Make no mistake, minutes matter after a disaster strikes your home or property. We care about your property and helping you through your difficult time. At SERVPRO of Southfield we look forward to helping you at every opportunity. Call us at (248)377- 2220 to make it "Like it never even happened."
Be ready for whatever happens
A new year often signifies a fresh start. Many people make resolutions to better themselves or some part of their life. This year, make a resolution to be ready. No one ever plans on a disaster, but now, you can prepare for it. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) will help ensure you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
In the event of an emergency, the ERP can help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action in place for your facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including emergency contact information, shut-off valve locations and priority areas. SERVPRO also works hand in hand with local police and fire departments to share the information gathered in the ERP.
The ERP is a no cost assessment; all it requires is a little time, making it a great value that could save you time and money in the future.
Preparation is the key to making it through any size disaster, whether it is a small water leak, a large fire, or an area flood. Having a plan in place may help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive and get you back in the building following a disaster.
Don’t wait until disaster strikes. Call SEVPRO of Southfield to establish your Emergency READY Profile, and be “Ready for whatever happens.”
Call SERVPRO of Southfield today to set up your no cost assessment at (248) 377- 2220.
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile:
- A no cost assessment of your facility
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster
- Identification of the line of command in the event of an emergency
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority area and priority contact informati
STAY WARM AND SAFE THIS WINTER
The winter season is in full swing. the days are shorter and the tempreature is lower. No matter where you live, winter brings a change in the weather but in Michigan we tend to feel the full effect of harsh winter weather. In an effort to keep our homes and workplaces cozy, many people use alternative heat sources like fireplaces, portable space heaters, and wood burning stoves.
In 2011, heating equipment was involved in an estimated 53,600 reported US home structure fires. Unfortunately that's not where the story ends. Along with the fires there were 400 civilian deaths, over 1500 civilian injuries, and $893 million in direct property damage. These fires accounted for 14% of all reported home fires.
Heating is the second leading cause of home fire deaths, making it important to review ways to help reduce the risk of a heating-related fire. Here are some tips to ensure you stay both warm and safe this winter:
- Maintain heating equipment and chimnets by having them cleaned and inspected annually by a qualified professional.
- Use heating equipment that has the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
- All heaters need space. Keep flammable objects at least three feet away from heating equipment
- Plus space heaters directly into outlets, never into an extention cord or power strip
- When using fuel-burning heaters, use only the fuel specified by the manufacturer
- Install and maintain carbon monoxide and smoke alarms inside your home and buisness. Test alarms monthly
- Remember to turn portable heaters off before leaving the room or going to bed. If you are buying a new unit, choose one with a shut off timer.
- When using a wood burning fireplace, make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to help prevent sparks from flying into the room. Spent fireplace ashes should be cool before removing and putting them into a metal container. The container should be stored away from your home or buisness
At SERVPRO of Greater Pontiac, we want you to be both warm and safe but if you have a water backup or fire we will make it "Like it never even happened."